The Brownstone is a perfect location to realize your indoor and outdoor dream wedding reality. Many brides visualize their guests flowing from the beautiful backyard with a cornfield backdrop into the elegant 1927 barn with huge chandeliers and crystal hanging from the walls.
If your dream day includes a tent at The Brownstone, here are some tips, tricks and general information about the rental process.
If you are planning on utilizing a tent at The Brownstone, please contact our office as soon as possible at (785)235-0057 or events@thebrownstonetopeka. We work directly with a tent rental company and coordinate the setup and teardown of the structure at our space. We require all tents be rented through the Brownstone for liability and scheduling purposes.
We partner with Weiser Tent Rental Company for all our tent rentals – http://weisertent.com/. The company has visited the venue and worked with the staff on timing, pricing and delivery services.
We have worked with our vendor to create a great deal on a 40×60 Wedding Tent with 10 foot poles to allow for guests to utilize the back staircase at the venue. The rental price is $1,850 which includes the following –
- 40ft X 60ft White Wedding Tent
- Weekend Set-Up & Tear Down
- 10 Foot Side Poles
Any generators, sides, lighting, extension cords or additional accessories are an extra cost or can be brought in by the client. If your event requires a different size tent, we are happy to get a quote for your specific vision.
Tents are an amazing option to create a one-of-a-kind feel for your wedding day but there are a few considerations for the structure.
- Heating & Air – Depending on the time of year, you might consider renting fans, portable air conditioning units or outdoor heaters for the event
- Lighting – You can purchase outdoor lighting at many hardware stores and drape it throughout the tent to create a beautiful and whimsical feel. Just remember the extension cords to plug them in
- Additional Seating – The Brownstone has (25) 8ft banquet tables and (25) 60inch rounds for the guest to utilize. We require all tables to stay indoors or on the patios. We also have 200 chiavari chairs which we ask to be kept indoors at all times. This means you may be in need of renting tables or chairs for the tented area.
For more information on tents and ideas please look at https://www.theknot.com/content/all-about-tents.